Sunday, July 11, 2010

How to help the Charlotte Libraries

As we were driving to church this morning we passed one of the libraries that has had to close due to lack of funding. Joseph asked, "why did they close?" and I replied that they didn't have enough money. Then Jospeh said, "They need to save more money at Walmart."

2 comments:

  1. That sounds about right to me. I don't think spending $200,000 a year on staff helps keep the facility low cost impact. I think coming to terms with the idea of a wandering librarian and a full time security guard will have to do. By security guard I mean someone who puts the books on the shelf and makes sure you don't walk out with them. Maybe RedBox can help out and setup a replacement library. They can call it ReadBox or RedBoox and have the machine setup in a . . . Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some successful advertising.

    ReplyDelete