They also now accept aerosol cans (whoops, I thought they already did!), juice boxes, milk and juice cartons, in addition to what was previously accepted: aluminum, cardboard, glass, paper, spiral paper cans and steel cans. Recycling will be picked up every other week instead of weekly.
What do you think about that Rebecca and Mary? :) (I knew you would be the most interested to know!)
It's great. Studies show that this can increase recycling a lot in an area and the bi-weekly pick-up helps offset the cost of recycling the extra items. That's super exciting; I want Buffalo to get single-stream recycling with big totes like this.
ReplyDeleteFor every one job that extra garbage creates, recycling would create 4 jobs if that garbage was instead recycled.
Also, who are those rock stars sitting in the washer/dryer?
Rockstars? Are you referring to their long hair? LOL.
ReplyDeleteI decided to let JBs grow out for a while. Then it was getting to mangy, so I took him for a cut/trim. It was the worst $20 haircut for a child in the whole world!! (I took him to a place that is supposed to specialize in kids' haircuts. But I've had to go back for fixes all three times I've used them. Definition of insanity, I know.) I had to take him back to get it fixed, so now he has a standard "boy" haircut. He still looks cute, of course! At least they gave me a free haircut coupon for next time - which will also be the last time at that place!
Single stream recycling is the best. Our town finally got the big blue bins on rollers and single stream recycling in the spring and they also do bi-weekly pickup. They accept all plastics now, too. Our bin is stuffed after two weeks, and our garbage bin is almost empty every week. Our town has already saved/made almost $200,000 in six months from this new system. I am so glad Charlotte has done this, too!
ReplyDelete