Sunday, July 18, 2010
Daredevil Jumper
We have a jumper on our hands! Funnier yet, one that can't even really jump! For several days, Simon has been making efforts to jump. He doesn't yet have the gross motor skills to do so, so he sort of squats down a little then hops back up, maybe lifting one foot a little ways off the floor. But now he is also jumping OFF of things. Yesterday he wandered into the formal living room while I was in the kitchen. I didn't hear anything, so I went in to see what he was doing. I found him standing on the coffee table, facing the couch. I said, "Simon, NO!" He looked over at me, gave a little smile and "leapt" to the couch in front of him! I say "leapt" because again, he can't truly jump. The couch was less than a body's length away from him, so he sort of hurled his body in the direction of the couch and landed on his stomach. He was quite pleased with himself. He was doing the same thing in the family room, "jumping" (sometimes stepping, sometimes just throwing his body) repeatedly from ottoman to couch and vise versa. He will even stand on a book that is less than a centimeter high, and "jump" off of that! This morning he was climbing on top of an overturned laundry basket and jumping off of it. He doesn't land on his feet, but either on his bottom or falling on some other part of his body. Fortunately he never hurt himself and I let him keep on doing it several times just because I thought it was so funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just wait until Simon finds his way onto the roof with his bicycle.
ReplyDelete