Sunday, October 3, 2021

Our new wheels


I made it back from Toulouse safe and sound. Thank you to those who prayed for me! There's our new wheels! I'm getting used to the manual transmission and doing OK. I've been watching various YouTube videos about it. Different people explain the techniques and the mechanics in different ways, and little by little, I understand it a little better. I noticed that I haven't seen any stick shift "how-to" videos hosted by a woman. (Sometimes I wonder if I would understand a woman's explanations better. A lot of the guys who do the videos refer to "rev matching" and name off the mechanical components of the car as if it were common knowledge.)

After driving for six hours, I had quite a stiff neck and shoulders; a headache which lasted until this morning; and I have a cold on top of it, so not feeling my best, but I'm better today than I was yesterday. At least I'm moving in the right direction.


3 comments:

  1. Glad everything went OK. When you get back maybe you should make a you tube video on manual driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blerg! I am hating manual driving so much!!

    ReplyDelete