If you read this today or tomorrow (Friday, Oct 1), I'd be grateful for your prayers! While the kids are in school, I will be driving to Toulouse and back to change out the car. (Return rental car and pick up leased car. Both have their offices at the airport.) Toulouse is about three hours away in one direction. Plus there will probably be at least some adminstrative work to do at each car place.
The kids are in school for about 8 hours, so I think I should be able to do the round trip during the school day, but one never knows. Furthermore, the new vehicle I am picking up is a stick shift, which I am a bit rusty on driving. I know I will be able to relearn it, but please pray that I pick it up again quickly and that I am a safe driver! I won't really have an opportunity to practice before I have to get on the road back to Limoges. (I did have a couple of practice sessions in Charlotte in the weeks before we departed, and I've also been watching some how-to You-tube videos, which aren't the same as hands-on, but I find it helpful to hear different people explain it. Hopefully that helps it click for me!)
I did ask a friendly acquaintace from church if she would be willing to get the kids at school in the event that I am delayed and won't make it back in time for pick-up.
Anyways, I'm a little nervous about the stick-shift driving, plus that many hours in a car is already exhausting without the added stress of foreign highways and acquiring new driving skills.
Thank you!

Prayers were offered, many thanks be to God that you made it home in one piece!
ReplyDelete❤️
ReplyDeleteThat DOES sound stressful. I hope everything went well.
ReplyDelete