Wednesday, October 6, 2021

For the Love of Chocolate

I really like how many different ways the French have come up with to combine bread and chocolate.

And that's just a grocery store aisle. That doesn't include bakery offerings. I am pretty sure every single one of those products has chocolate in it.

Because, after all, chocolate is a food group and part of a balanced (équilibré) diet: 

"Le Goûter" is the after school snack. 
I witness many children eating their goûter as soon as they exit the school; either the school gives one if you signed up for that service, or parents bring one with them to give to their child as soon as they get out. They usually involve chocolate.

That's just the straight-up chocolate section. I know we like chocolate in the States too (and most parts of the world, probably), but I think the French take it to another level!😆

2 comments: