Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Son Scarface

Well, Simon did it again.  More stitches, this time on his chin.  We were at the chiropractor's office on Friday and he fell and hit his face on a wooden stool.  He cut the inside of his lip and split his chin open.  Blood and tears every where.  A harrowing experience.  The scene was replaying in my mind over and over again for at least two days.... "Why didn't I catch him?"  "Why didn't I make him turn around?"  "Why didn't I just stay home????"

I had thought about staying home because I wasn't feeling very well, but had a couple of errands that really needed to get done anyways, so I thought I'd just keep our appointments and get those things done.  Well, I didn't get to do my errands anyways (although I did send Michael out for one of them later in the day.)  We went to Urgent Care and they put four sutures in his chin.  The lip they let heal on its own.

Simon was back to his old self in no time: hopping and skipping around, climbing furniture, throwing himself on the floor with great panache.... and Michael and I having mini heart attacks every time - sure that he's going to injure himself again.  He has no sense of caution whatsoever.

1 comment: