Friday, December 28, 2012

Dec 27

This year was our eighth wedding anniversary and it passed in relative quietude.  Michael and I had hoped to be able to take advantage of relatives staying at our house to go out for a couple of hours by ourselves, but some how or other, all that fell through and we didn't do anything!  Michael was already planning to go out with all his brothers in the evening, so he suggested if we had to be in charge of our own children, I might as well go out by myself and do something I enjoyed.  Well, I don't even know what I "enjoy" doing by myself anymore, such occasions are so few and far between!  I ended up going to see Les Miserables because Michael has no interest in seeing it, and I didn't have anyone else to go with me, especially with Rachel being out of the country and all.  I've always enjoyed the music and so I was glad to see it and I might as well be by myself for an emotional tear jerker movie anyways!


I made beignet for breakfast on the 27th as a special Christmas treat.  Even though Simon asked me if the donuts would be chocolate in about half a dozen different ways, he still gobbled them up once he realized how good they were, even without chocolate!

Tonight we do have some plans to go out together (with a babysitter all lined up and everything!) so I'm looking forward to that.  I am still sick, but getting better every day.  I think I actually ended up with an upper respiratory infection, but slowly and surely, the congestion subsides a little more each day and I have a little bit more energy.  (I think I'm at about 90-95% today.)  I am sorry that have not had a normal amount of energy to keep up with the house, especially since there is Christmas carnage scattered everywhere, but I just have to let it go.  It will all get cleaned up eventually!


1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking of seeing Les Miserables, did you like it?

    ReplyDelete