I have rejoined the land of the living in time for Christmas. On Saturday and Sunday, I was sick in bed all day and Michael was holding down the fort. We traditionally celebrate Christmas Eve with Michael's Dad and sister (and his brother Tom the past two years) with sauerbraten for dinner and the first round of gifts for the kids. Although I was out of bed, I was still too run down to cook our traditional Christmas Eve meal. Michael's brother Tom brought over an alternate meal and we still did our gift exchanges with them.
I am still sick, but on the mend. Fortunately I was well enough to make it to Christmas Mass and then I cooked our Christmas Eve dinner today and we enjoyed it together just the five of us in our dining room. I also baked the cake I intended to have for Christmas Eve, although it has to be cooked a day in advance, so we won't be eating it until tomorrow. I'll probably just bring it to the Wood Family gathering which happens tomorrow evening.
More observances and anniversaries and celebrations will be taking place this week and we will be trying to extend our Christmas celebration by just giving the kids each one of their gifts per day until they run out and saving something for the Feast of the Ephiphany as well.
It's past bedtime for this sick mamma.
Merry Christmas and Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment