In the morning of Dec 26th, I went to Mass at St. Vincent's where I had a Mass offered for Mom. It was both comforting and sad to hear her name announced at the beginning of the Mass. Although it was a daily Mass, with some 30 people in attendance, there were four ministers! Two priests and two deacons, all decked out in red for the Feast of St. Stephen the martyr and surrounded by a sea of red poinsettias. The church looked beautiful, and I was glad that it so for the Mass on the 10th anniversary of Mom's passing.
Although I've been at peace with her death for a long time, it was an emotional day and I was sad to remember this milestone anniversary.
In the evening we gathered for the extended Wood Family Christmas celebration and gift exchange, as is our tradition every year.
We lit a candle and said a prayer that day as well.
ReplyDelete