Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mom's Legacy Lives On

You might be interested to know that the Passover Seders that Mom always did for her CCD/Faith Formation classes has become an institution at St. Matthew's.  Ever since she died, the catechists at St. Matthew's have continued to put on a Seder for all the 6th grade classes who study the Old Testament.  Also since that time, I have been going at least one of those evenings every year to lead a couple of Seders.  They are still using redacted Haggadah's that I made from our family's Haggadah's while working at Dad's office.  I always give a little introduction of myself explaining how it was something I did growing up and how my mom used to do them and that there is much for Catholics to learn about our own faith traditions by participating in a Passover Seder. 

I'm glad I've been able to continue doing it every year to honor Mom's memory and it is always a good opportunity for reflection about the continuity of salvation history.

I also like getting my fill of matzos and haroset, plus extra to take home and snack on later.  (The teachers always hook me up.)

2 comments: