Friday, April 8, 2011

All By Myself!

I just said good-bye to the most important people in my life (no offense to my readers).  Michael, Joseph and Simon are on their way to Atlanta for cousin Russ' confirmation - and I am home all by myself!  (Since this is a private blog now, I think it is safe for me to post.  I'm sure none of you would take advantage!)  It feels strange and exciting. And I'm sure it will feel lonely and a little scary at points too (especially at night.)  I never would have imagined that such a blessed opportunity would befall me before a decade of mothering if you had asked me a few months ago!   Such as it is, I know that the boys will do well with their Daddy and Papa and Cousin and Aunt and Uncle and that this separation from me will not cause any undue stress.  (Well I guess I won't know for sure until they get back, but I am highly confident. They did fine when I went on retreat.)

Hopefully I will be able to make good use of the time.  I am planning to shop/run errands that would normally be much more exhausting to accomplish with littles in tow; order/purchase final supplies for birth/baby/kids (such as an additional car seat), get some extra time at church: Mass, adoration, stations, confession; brush-up on natural birth labor management (since also difficult to relax and concentrate with the hustle and bustle of normal family life); spend time with sisters (including sister-in-law); nest and clean; possibly do some bulk cooking projects that I'd like to accomplish before baby arrives...  Wow! Now that I list it out, I have no shortage of things to do!  I'd better get dressed and get cracking!

2 comments: