Thursday, April 1, 2010

Simon got a rash

Last night Simon had his last dose of antibiotics.  Today he woke up covered in red spots.  I took some pictures and called Dad, but he knew what it was even before he saw the pictures:  Amoxicillin rash.  From what I understand it is a non-allergic rash - a side effect of the antibiotic that occurs in 5-10 percent of children who take it.  He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but it is a little disturbing to me to see his body looking like it has become deformed.  Hopefully it clears soon.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Simon. I'm relieved that he isn't bothered by it. I'm allergic to amoxicillin. When I was a kid, I had a terribly itchy, total body rash reaction to it. My doctors are always annoyed that they can't prescribe it - I guess it's a doctor fave. I hope the infection is totally gone and he doesn't have to take anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant tell who is commented Mary or Ben?

    ReplyDelete