Well, the house is relatively quiet since Michael and Joseph are at his dad's house and Annie has gone to keep Geoff company while he gets his oil changed. I'm sitting at the computer reading and I might as well use this opportunity to give a few updates!
This is the beginning of our fourth week without a kitchen. I am hoping I can start using my kitchen again by the end of the week. Then a few days later leave for Las Vegas and then Hilton Head!
Our countertop was delayed and it scheduled to be installed on Tuesday. Thursday the plumber can come and hook up our sink, disposal, faucet, dishwasher. Hopefully the gas guy will have figured out how to hook up our stove by then too. While we are away at HHI, I am scheduling the painting and backsplash tiling. (I still need to pick the tile!) After the backsplash is up, the electrician can come and finish off the outlets and under cabinet lighting.
Simon is getting VERY close to crawling. He has been doing full blown push up supported on his big toes for a couple weeks. Now he is regularly getting up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. I have even seen him propel himself forward with a little hop a couple of times. I finally had to cut his bangs too. I've been giving him hair cuts for about 3 months now, but was trying to preserve some on top. It was just getting too long! So clip clip, he has shorter bangs now and looks pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
Also, now that we have lived here for over two years, and the kitchen remodel has left a void in my usual activities, I am finally hanging some pictures! We will turn this house into a home eventually. It's incredible how long it takes to really "move in." (I hope we're not the only ones like this!).
Here is a video of Joseph being silly and cracking Simon up. Simon was on my back. These brothers really love each other!
November will be two years for us and we are still "moving in."
ReplyDeleteThat video is soooo cute! I miss Joseph and Simon so much! I love hearing them laugh and seeing Jospeh be so sweet. I can't wait to come to Charlotte again.
I can't wait for the next visit and the next post. Keep them coming. Tell Joseph that next time I am in town and you are vacuuming the house we will have a good workout again.
ReplyDelete