Sunday, January 4, 2009

P.S.

I also meant to let folks know that when I do go into labor don't call us, we'll call you!

I plan on laboring at home as long as possible (during which time I will be trying to relax and concentrate), and when it's time to go to the hospital, we'll call Michael's dad to come over and stay with Joseph until Simon is born and we're ready to have Joseph come to the hospital. Rachel will also be called (depending on her work schedule) to come over and help with Joseph. She can call family members to let them know the birth will probably happen soon, but other than that, we'll call everyone after Simon is born.

We would love to have any visitors who want to come. We'll be at CMC-Pineville, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to be there 48 hrs. But please note that CMC-P has a scheduled "nap time" from 2-4pm during which time visiting is discouraged.
Stop by the nurse's desk before coming to the room. I'm pretty sure everyone has to get a big flourescent "VISITOR" sticker.

2 comments:

  1. Mind if I copy this almost word-for-word when my time comes? You've said it all very clearly and politely. :)

    Just wondering - is the 48 hour minimum stay a CMC-P norm or something particular to your situation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sarah! We look forward to hearing the news! We can't wait to see the first photos of Simon.

    By the way, be prepared for the afterbirth cramps. You might be just fine, but mine were killer this last time. The nurse said they get worse with each birth. I had to take a prescription strength painkiller just to be able to nurse Bridget the first day. And I kept thinking - why didn't anyone warn me about this?!!! So I wanted to let you know so it won't be a surprise if it happens. Hopefully you won't feel a thing!

    ReplyDelete