Friday, July 25, 2008

This and that

Well tomorrow we are headed for the annual Wood family beach trip at Hilton Head. We will be there until Friday afternoon when we leave directly from the Savannah/HHI airport to fly to Boston for my dear friend, Elizabeth Guancial's wedding.

The beach trip is always greatly anticipated: a wonderful relaxing week of beach, pool, beer, repeat. (no beer for me though, of course.) My first Wood family beach trip was in 2004 when Michael and I were engaged. Interested to hear more about what a "beach trip" was like since I had never done such a thing with my family, I asked "So, what do you do?" Michael replied very matter-of-factly, "Nothing!" This was quite a foreign concept to me sine Hoffman family vacations were always jam-packed with sight seeing and visiting all the local attractions. I soon came to realize that I really enjoyed vacations where one does "nothing." (Not that I didn't like the sight-seeing ones too.)

As far as the pregnancy, everything is going well so far. Normal as can be. I've been feeling quite fine. I only got sick one time and I felt car sick for about a week, but that is about the extent of it. The most annoying part about this pregnancy so far has been the prenatal appointments!!

I believe I have started to feel subtle movements from the baby. A few times a day I will feel something that feels like the baby turning around or giving a little push. I'm pretty sure it's not just gas. ;) I'm looking forward to when the movements can be felt on the outside by Joseph and Daddy.

And the last little tidbit is that Harris Teeter has just had another triple coupon event! I didn't really have the energy to mount a full blown offensive this time, but I did manage to make three trips. In those trips I got $166 of groceries for $15.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great time doing "nothing" at the beach, Sarah. I'm glad you kept the coupons - sounds like you did fabulously at HT, even if you down-played your success. With David's assistance I did two carts in one trip, but we still spent a bit because I tend to approach those events as opportunities to pick up splurge items I wouldn't otherwise.

    ReplyDelete