Just the other morning, Joseph was playing next to me while I was at the computer. I heard him say "kaka! kaka! (which is his universal word for "potty," "peepee" and "poo.") I looked over and he was sort of squatting down, so I said, "well if you have to go potty, let's go to the potty!" I ushered him into the other room where the potty is, and he was carrying in his hand a small-sized pringles can. So I told him to sit on the potty, but he squatted down again (next to the potty) and said "kaka! kaka!" (with a big grin on his face). Then I see that he is squatting over the pringles can! He has all the necessary body parts inside that little can, and I really thought he might pee in it! I realized that would probably not be a good situation, so I made him sit on his real potty. Good thing, because he had a quite voluminous pee thereafter.
I am fairly certain that a little girl NEVER would have tried to pee into a pringles can! And rest assured, no one around here ever taught Joseph to do such a thing... I think it is just evidence of the innate differences between the boy brain and girl brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment