This past Saturday was my 29th birthday. Thanks to all those who called or sent cards, emails and e-cards. Even though there's usually not much hooplah over birthdays these days, its always nice to be remembered.
The day started out with Michael going golfing with his three brothers as part of their annual father's day tradition. (Actually, the very first thing was that Michael gave me his gifts, then he went golfing.) Then later that day we went to brother Bob's house for a cookout and swimming in honor of Michael's dad. Just so that it wouldn't go completely unnoticed or unremarked, I brought cupcakes that said "Happy B-day" on them.
I did buy a few of my "favorite things" in honor of my birthday too: two big bags of cherries (which I finally finished eating today), and some little neck clams. I remember growing up, my mom used to offer to make us whatever we wanted for our birthday dinner, and on a few of those occasions, I chose steamed clams. (They also happened to be on sale last week, which made me think of them in the first place!) I was also in search of a really good pie, but didn't find one in time. Still feeling festive, I bought one yesterday, but it is far from the best pie I've ever had... oh well.
For father's day, I surprised Michael with a treadmill that I got off of craigslist. He's been talking about wanting one for a long time. He has already used it a few times and is planning on getting svelt for the beach!
I'm glad you were able to "treat" yourself in honor of your birthday. Interesting choice in the clams! Oh, what I wouldn't give for some light Ranier cherries from Washington State...they are sooo delicious! Maybe, just maybe there will still be some around when we visit at the end of July. I hope so.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to grant Michael's wish for a treadmill - I'm sure you got a good deal. Do you think you might use it sometimes, too?
Growing up in Oregon, I think we had decent access to clams... must be how I acquired a taste for them!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I am planning on using the treadmill too. I should be exercising regularly, especially since I'm pregnant. (and all the rest of the time I know too!) Just have to figure out how to make it part of the "routine!"