Thursday, August 19, 2021

Joseph's birthday

Joseph celebrated his 15th birthday! He started out the day by reading cards from his siblings and Rachel and I and opening his "birthday box" which is a little tradition in our family. Then he went to the special Saturday market. He picked out his birthday cake while he was in town. We made a meal that he likes, creamed beef, and I don't remember what else. He wanted to go back to the beach, so we did that the next day.

Sorry the pictures are out of order. I'm too tired to fix them!

Joseph's birthday dinner. 

Reading his cards in the morning.

Lucy was really loving and happy for him.

Family love for the birthday boy.


This is Lucy's heart melting card. She dictated to Rachel, and then she painstakingly copied everything from Rachel's hand. She doesn't read or write yet on her own, so this was a labor of love!

Joseph's amazing birthday cake. Triple chocolate.
This is possibly the best cake I've ever had. As I was eating it, I thought, "Ok. This trip was worth it now. We can go home!"



4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Joseph! That cake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Joseph!

    And Lucy that melts my heart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy's card is impressive!

    Happy birthday to Joseph! What's a birthday box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if you'll get notified of this reply... but the "Birthday Box" is a little tradition that Michael started. He gets a few treats for the birthday boy or girl and hides them under a box with their name on it to discover in the morning when they wake up. He usually gives them something sweet and something savory that they like.

      Delete