Monday, October 17, 2016

Allergy Strikes Again

Some of you may remember that I had a mysterious acute allergy episode in February of 2015. (I blogged about it.) After that time, I started going to the allergist and getting shots for all my seasonal and environmental allergies. I enjoyed an amelioration of my lifetime allergy symptoms and my eczema went into remission. (But now it is starting to come back on my hands.)

In July of this year, I had another acute allergy episode, just like the one before. First my hands and face were very itchy. Then I went to bed, but during the night I could tell that my eyes were swollen. My eyes and face continued to swell more over the next three days and I had an eczematous rash all over my face, ears, neck, chest and forearms. Long story short, I used homeopathy and nutritional supplements to treat it and I did recover over the course of a couple of weeks or more. I was hoping to never have to experience that again!

And then a week ago, it all happened again. First my hands itched a little. A couple of days went by.. then I felt the swelling of my eyes in the night. The rash all over my face ears, neck and forearms... I was a mess. I am still a mess.  The swelling has mostly abated now, except my eyes are a little bit swollen in the morning. The journey to "all better" from this sort of thing is not linear...Once my skin erupts into the rash, there are many awful stages in the healing process. I'm thankful I don't have to leave the house too often, if I really don't want to!

Anyways, I don't know what this is. I don't have any "acute" allergies. I cannot identify any specific trigger. In fact, I feel more certain that there isn't an environmental trigger... but this is just coming from inside of me. I am going to continue with homeopathy and I'm not sure what else. I feel like the allergist did what he can do and it's not going to get to the root of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment