Last week, Sam finally started properly crawling and then just a few days after that, he demonstrated that he can sit up unattended and kneel! We all delight in seeing him do his new tricks and the kids especially picked up on my initial excitement and every time he does something, they yell, "Look! Look! Sam's kneeling! Mom! Come look! He's kneeling!" He does this fun reclining position when he takes a break from crawling to check something out. I hope I can catch it on camera, but he just rests on one hip, props himself on one elbow and then plays or looks around.
He's able to get into more mischief now and has started examining and probing the DVD player and all the DVDs on the shelf next to it.
However, he seems to know when he's into mischief, b/c if I come at him quickly or say his name very emphatically, he usually drops, or even throws, what he is holding, like he's trying to avoid getting in trouble!
I think it is amazing that he already knows how to not get in trouble! He's been paying attention! Thanks for the update, Sarah!
ReplyDelete