Friday, August 26, 2011

How Shall I Say "No"? ...Let Me Count The Ways!

This post is not about me, but Simon.  Simon is really a fun, spirited little guy.  He even tells me "no" with flare.  The other day I was telling Simon it was naptime, to which he often tells me that he doesn't need a nap or he's not going to take one, etc.  I told him again, "It's time for your nap" and I tended to a few small tasks in the room before actually getting him upstairs.  Simon had already been telling me no.  Then as he continued to play, he casually sang the ABC's of no: "A, B, C, no, E, F, no, H, I, J, no, elemetil, no, Q, R, no, T, U, no, W, X, Y and no... now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me..."  I didn't let him see me smile as he defied me with such cuteness. 
Occasionally he sings "no" to the tune of Darth Vader's theme music, which sometimes sounds like it's been crossed with the Smurf's theme music.
And once in a blue moon, he willingly goes upstairs for his nap.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, Annie and I used to do this when we were little. At least I did. When we would pretend to be asleep, we would sing, "Honky shoo shoo" to the tune of the chorus from Handel's Messiah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I'd have to run into the other room so he didn't see me laughing.

    ReplyDelete