Thursday, October 28, 2010

Punpkin Sadness

Last Sunday we carved pumpkins with Rachel.  Everyone was pleased with their work or the work done on their behalf (in Joseph and Simon's case.)  Well, it rained for two days straight this week and now our pumpkins are all moldy and mushy and infested with fruit flies!  We never even lit them up.  I was very disappointed about that b/c I really wanted to see how they looked in the dark - that is the best part afterall!  After I said that, Joseph became pretty sad and disappointed about it too.  Maybe after Halloween we can get a discounted pumpkin and try again (although probably a less elaborate design since I wouldn't have the heart to do the same amount of work again.)  I didn't even get pictures of our pumpkins in the daylight.  For the record we had a "dragon," a spider, a sacred heart of Jesus and a cross with a fish ("saint o' lanterns" for All Saints Day.)  It's the first time we carved pumpkins since we've had kids, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment