Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birthday Party and Boo Bash

On Saturday one of Joseph's classmates had a birthday party at McDonald's.  I had both boys with me as Michael had caught a cold and I wanted him to have an opportunity to rest.  Joseph had a lot of fun and played the whole time at this birthday party.  (Unlike the last friend's party in June.)   When we arrived at the shopping center where the McDonald's was, we caught a glimpse of a little train making a tour through the parking lot and some tents set up on a grassy area.  It turns out the shopping center was hosting a free Halloween "Boo Bash" with all sorts of free activities and crafts.  So we checked it out after the birthday party.  There were lots of people and pretty much everything had a very long line.  We waited half an hour to take the little train ride, then Joseph painted a pumpkin, for which there really wasn't any wait, and we forewent the other crafts and activities.  They also had sand art, wax hands, face painting, a very fun looking bungee harness jumping thing (VERY long line) and other things I am forgetting.  There was live music and a couple hours of free food samples from restaurants in the shopping center (all of which also had incredibly long lines.  I hadn't eaten any lunch so I just tried to find the tables with the shortest lines and took whatever they were serving.)  All in all a fun, and tiring day.  (Especially since it was one of those days that starts out crisp an cool but then ended up being about 30 degrees warmer by the afternoon, and I was wearing a sleeping Simon and my clothes were no longer appropriate for the weather!)


No comments:

Post a Comment