Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life's Burning Questions

The scene:  It is 6:45 am.  Joseph had come into our room about 15 minutes earlier.  I got up to go to the bathroom and sat back down in the easy chair since my place in bed was occupied by children.  It's dark and quiet.  Joseph beckons me back to bed, but instead I invite Joseph to come sit on my lap.  He snuggles up to me and is wrapped in my arms.  I whisper, "Good morning, Joseph."  Then Joseph quietly whispers back, "What's for dinner?"


*  *  *

The endnote to this post is that Joseph asks me "What's for dinner?" all the time!  He'll often ask me at breakfast, "What's for dinner?" or at dinner, "What's for dinner formorrow?" or in the car, etc. etc. etc. I don't know why he is so preoccupied with the upcoming menu.  Maybe it is God's gentle way of guiding me to keep up with my meal planning!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Does he know the correct meaning of dinner? See, John still uses breakfast, lunch, and dinner at random!

    ReplyDelete