Thursday, March 26, 2009

Naptime

I always used to marvel at the clips I saw of little kids who would just fall asleep anywhere doing anything because up until recently, Joseph always napped in bed, so I just didn't get how that happened. Now I think Joseph is on the cusp of transitioning to no nap. I think he still needs one as evidenced by the fact that when he doesn't nap in the middle of the day, he is likely to fall asleep around 4 or 5 and here is nap two days ago:






We got home from various errands (Joseph was actually at Papa's house for most of the afternoon). Then he started pulling out different toys to play with. I was pottying/changing Simon and not watching that closely. Then I look and see him laying on the floor with the bilibo over his head. His eyes were open - he was just laying there. I looked again - eyes still open. I looked again - out like a light! He slept like that for about two hours!


This is one from January. (I was sitting next to him before he fell asleep. Then I got up so I could take a picture.)

2 comments:

  1. The orange toy in his hand almost looks like a beverage container. This leads me to ask if Joseph has a drinking problem and is passed out and not napping. I know the rule involves shoes on or shoes off, but he doesn't often wear shoes so I make an exception hear.

    He definitely finds cute ways to fall asleep. He is so much larger than his banner pic in the blue clothing. I think it is time for an updated picture so Simon doesn't feel left out of the Wood You Believe blog. I advocate making a collage because those leggings are priceless and ought to forever stay in the banner.

    ReplyDelete