As Michael likes to put it: My mommy transformation is complete! I now have a minivan!
What you see is a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Touring. Michael did all the research and leg work and everything to get this van. He thought I needed one, or at the very least that it would be a big improvement for me hauling around two kids and by the time kiddo number three comes around we would definitely need one. I concurred, but told him it was up to him because I did not want to do research or have to stress about it. (I tend to spend an inordinate amount of time researching big purchases and it consumes me and I just don't have the time for it. Plus, I think Michael knows more about cars than me, so I feel more comfortable with him making the decision.)
So I think he did a great job, and I am very thankful for all that he did to acquire the car. It is very comfortable, drives well and I am especially enjoying the remote entry. i.e. all the doors, including trunk, open with push of a button on the key! Another nice feature of the T&C is that all of the seats "Stow and Go" which means you don't have to take them out out when you want the cargo room. They all fit into their own compartment in the floor of the car which can also serve as storage when the seats are not stowed.
Above is a picture of Joseph driving the "new car." He was extremely excited when we got it and asks to "dwive car" all the time. He LOVES sitting in the driver's seat and pretending like he is the captain!
And another one of him driving a fire truck which happened to be parked where Michael had gone for an errand with Joseph:

And there is a picture of Joseph taking a nap on his old bed (which is all rolled up, in case you couldn't tell.) I don't think he chose to sleep there for that reason, but he didn't want to stay in his own bed for naptime, so he followed me back into my room while I was tending to Simon and fell asleep there.
And just for fun a pic of my fuzzy haired smiling baby.
Congrats on the new van! Super fun! I was such a nerd, I wanted a new van as soon as I got married, even before I conceived my first.
ReplyDelete