Monday, December 22, 2008

Pregnancy Update



I took this picture last week, my 37th week of pregnancy. It's just taken me this long to get around to posting it.

I'm feeling pretty good for a woman who is nearly nine months pregnant, I guess. There are certainly physical discomforts which come and go, but I am remaining active (as if I had a choice!). In order to wash the dishes now, I have to wear sneakers to give myself a little extra height so that I can park my belly on the edge of the sink. I've been parking it on the sink for a while, but at least I was able to do that without shoes before. Putting on socks is definitely a chore, as is getting off the couch and I also have difficulty leaning over my plate while eating at the table. There is just too much belly! I rather feel like a big walking belly sometimes.

I am looking forward to the birth. For Simon's sake, I hope it is as far from Christmas as possible, but whenever he decides to come out will be great! We are planning an intervention-free ntural birth as we did with Joseph and I'm just hoping that I don't get too much friction for all the "standard" procedures I will be refusing during and after birth.

Other than that, we are busily preparing for Christmas and for Simon... my mind keeps racing with all the things I think I need to get done and the lists I still need to write to make sure we don't forget anything! Dear Michael is busy painting what will be Joseph's room and inhaling all the fumes on our behalf. Fortunately he has a massage gift certifate waiting to be cashed in that I gave him for his birthday. He deserves it and I'm sure it will be a welcome repose from all his labor.

I'm looking forward to seeing most of my family this week!
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You look really pregnant but not fat pregnant. The rest of your body doesn't look like it is hiding extra weight, it all looks dedicated to the bun in the oven.


    dave

    ReplyDelete