Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back from the Beach

As I write this, it is an absolute torrential downpour outside... quite a contrast from our sunny weekend at the beach!

We had the opportunity to go to Myrtle Beach this weekend since dad had some timeshare units he couldn't use. We almost didn't make it though due to a stomach virus. First, Joseph started throwing up Wednesday night and could not keep anything down, not even water or breastmilk. I tried to nurse him back to health (literally) on Thursday and Friday and he was doing better by the time we were scheduled to leave on Saturday. However, I came down with the stomach virus on Friday night and was throwing up all night long. Pretty miserable. I wasn't sure if I could do the car ride or not. I took it easy in the morning and didn't eat anything at ALL on Saturday until about 5pm. (except for a juice/water/ginger ale concoction in the morning, which I also threw up.) You can imagine that being pregnant and nursing and not eating anything at all except a few sips of water that day, I was about ready to eat Joseph. Fortunately Tom, Michael's brother, had a piece of pizza to give me and thankfully it stayed in my stomach!! I was feeling much better by Sunday and we enjoyed our little weekend away.

Joseph really liked standing at the water's edge at the beach and letting the waves wash over his feet. The second day, he even got brave enough to venture into the water waist deep! He also loved the swimming pool which was so super chlorinated it was burning my eyes after about half an hour (indoor pool). So the following day, I decided to use the exceptionally large jacuzzi tub in our room as a little kiddie pool and Joseph just had a grand old time pouring water on me and back and forth between cups.

I think Joseph is going to have a great time when we go to Hilton Head in a few weeks, especially since he'll remember what it was like to be at the beach this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment