As I indicated in my last blog post, we are anxious and ready to return home. We have been counting down the days. (Please join us in praying that we can come home without any hiccups!)
This is the kids' last week of school. We are writing our Thank-Yous and giving some gifts and mementos to various teachers and friends.
I also have many loose ends to tie up in these last 10 days, such as donating all the things that I had to purchase that we won't be taking home with us; returning items we borrowed; cleaning the apartment; eating up all our food so that we don't waste and hopefully will only have small amounts of shelf-stable items that I can give away; I have to clean the car inside and out before I return it (and it is a HOT mess!!); wrapping Christmas gifts now because we won't have time or energy when we return; packing all our suitcases; getting haircuts for my mangey sons so that they look presentable on Christmas; go to confession one more time before Christmas; ordering all the school books we will need for the second semester back in the States; cancel my French cell phone - but not before I get the text confirmation of our Covid tests on the last day!; make an appointment for returning the car; and so on. ...dare I make plans just in case we can't leave on the 23rd???? 😖 I don't know if I can bare the thought!
All that being said, I might not post anything again before we go. There is one more place I am hoping to visit that is very close to Limoges where Our Lady appeared and we haven't been there yet. The time for that sort of thing feels as though it is going very fast!
The time until I can see Michael, sleep in my own bed, use a clothes dryer, drive an automatic car, cook in a kitchen with space and proper equipment; stop "single" parenting, etc. cannot come soon enough!!
Thanks for reading along with our adventures. I am also looking forward to seeing many of you in person and being able to talk to you all about it instead of type! My kids are also really looking forward to seeing Daddy and their other family and friends and all the feels that come with being back in your own HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment