I am looking forward to a lively and busy next few weeks.... Next week we depart for a short family field trip/pilgrimage/vacation to St. Augustine, FL. We are studying American history at Catholic Schoolhouse, and I have long had an idea to go with the family to St. Augustine some day, so the time is now! We were fortunate to find a weekend that is off from Faith Formation (Michael teaches every Sunday, and Joseph and Simon attend FF class) AND Simon has a bye in soccer league. (Normally he has a game every Saturday morning during the 8 week season.) Unfortunately I forgot about Joseph's six week golf class that started yesterday, so he will miss next week's lesson, although I am trying to see if he can make it up by attending another class. Since it is October, I hope we will have pleasant weather and not too many crowds.
The following week is Halloween/All Saint's Day. Michael is going to go camping with the older boys for two nights, so they will miss out on the festivities of the weekend, which was their choice. But I'll be helping to prepare them for the excursion. I am still planning to attend our parish All Saint's Day party with Clara and Simon on Nov 1 and I'll be bringing something for the potluck, candy and a game.
On November 8 is the first annual Mothers' Conference that I am helping to plan. (My friend Jessica and I are planning it.) This is a fairly big deal... we are bringing in a well known an popular Catholic speaker/author/editor/TV host: Danielle Bean. (check out our website. www.motheringwithgrace.org and click on events to see the conference announcement.)
Nov 11 is Michael's 50th birthday. Nov 15 will be the big Wood Family Steak Dinner at Sullivan's in honor of the milestone. (We have now done this tradition for Melissa's 40th, and the 50th birthdays of Bob, Tom and Russ.)
Then it will be Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, and Simon's birthday in the blink of an eye!
Thanks for an informative post, Sarah! I hope your trip to St. Augustine is fun and educational for all. I would love to hear how it goes and see some photos, too. The boys' sporty activities sound great. Are they enjoying the lessons? It's nice when you find something they really like.
ReplyDelete