Sunday, May 25, 2014
Our New Neighbor
Rachel started renting a room from our next door neighbor!! We are so excited that she is living right next door to us. We get to see her almost every morning for coffee and I can also send the kids over to visit, although they also like and already have a habit of visiting our neighbor, Gerry. She likes being able to pop in too and now it is easier to have sister visits or auntie visits, even if brief.
Another aspect of this arrangement that is also positive is for our neighbor Gerry. She is an 85 (or so) year old woman. She stays quite active, but does have some health troubles which has ended up in an ambulance being called to her house more than once in the past couple of years. I am glad that there is someone else living with her in case there ever were an emergency. And actually, it already happened that she fell last week and Rachel found her on the floor, she hadn't been able to get up after a few minutes down. And Gerry told me that day that it was all worth it to have her there for that.
Welcome to the neighborhood, Auntie Rachel!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's amazing! What a great arrangement!
ReplyDeleteHow nice to live so close and what a blessing for that neighbor to have someone as wonderful as Rachie living with her.
I am so happy for all of you! And envious, too. I need an auntie next door!
ReplyDelete