Saturday, March 15, 2014

5k

I signed up to run a 5k the Saturday after Easter.  I started a Couch-to-5k training program. It started out ok.  I think I have the stamina so far, at least for the first couple weeks of training, but now I am getting pain in my ankles and right knee.  I think some of it might be due to tight muscles ( i.e. my knee b/c the corresponding hip is a little tender too.)
 I am not sure what I should do now.  I might try different sneakers.  I am afraid that I might not be cut out for running anymore, which would be a shame because it currently seems like the most convenient and practical exercise for me to do.

Rachel signed up to do the 5k too.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Sarah! Some ideas for you: running is very hard on the joints because of the high impact, so it might help if you can run on a trail or an outdoor track instead of pavement. New sneakers could help. Running also makes your muscles tighten, so stretching enough is vital. Jonathan stretches twice per day during his running seasons. I hope you are able to continue with the training. If running doesn't work out, walking is great exercise too and much easier on your body. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete