Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jacksonville and other trips

A few weekends ago, Rachel and I and all the kids took a trip to Jacksonville to visit Chris and Carrie and Rosie.  We went on Carrie and Rosie's birthday weekend.  (The same weekend as Michael's annual golf trip with his brothers - so I figured it was a good time to go out of town.)

The drive went pretty well, better than I expected, as far as I recall  (Memory already foggy from three or so weeks ago!)   I was very happy to finally get to meet Rosie in person and of course visit with Chris and Carrie again.  We visited the shrine of Our Lade of La Leche in St. Augustine, ate at Cracker Barrel, went to Mass on Sunday.  The standard highlights for the Boyer family, I think!

Since my inquiry about anyone who might be making trips to Montana in the future, Candace told me about her upcoming planned trips.  At this point, I am hoping to be able to go with her in January.  Yes, I am very afraid of travelling to Montana in the dead of winter.  But aside from the weather, I think it will be the first best opportunity for me to go.

As for Michael, he got to go on another golf trip two weeks after his Myrtle Beach trip.  It was one day shorter than the MB trip, but it was sort of a special invitation and I knew how much he wanted to go, so he went with my blessing and it was an early birthday present for him.

We don't have any other trips planned any time soon.  We might go camping next weekend, but only if the Cardinals aren't in the playoffs.  If they are in the playoffs, I'm not sure when we will do our proposed camping trip... the weather, especially the nights, are cooling off fast!  Maybe not an issue for many, but for a mommy-turned-softy and four little kids, I will be hoping for mild temperatures!



No comments:

Post a Comment