Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Simon's artistry

I just need to post a copy and summary of this picture before it gets lost in busy-mommy oblivion!  This is a picture Simon drew for Papa's (Michael's dad) birthday.  I think he has hardly ever drawn figures.  I actually can't recall any, but I think that is because he didn't have a reason to, not because he couldn't!  So this is a picture of Papa (left) and Simon (right).  He included belly buttons, but also said they were wearing shirts and he drew himself with his cardinal shorts on.  (He asked me to draw the bird, which is probably too small to see, but he drew the baseball bat on which the bird sits.)  And there is a birthday cake over to the right.  The letters he wrote say, "Happy Birthday Papa."  I have not taught him a single thing with regard to writing letters, but he has been figuring it out on his own.  He even writes his name - often times letters are reversed or he might even write the whole thing backwards (from right to left), but he is determined to do it himself!
He also rolled up the bottom of the page and drew a line on the underside.  I am not sure for what purpose, but it was intentional.

1 comment:

  1. Really great pic! My Mary also went through a phrase of writing her entire words backwards, but perfectly. I heard it was pretty normal, esp. when it's the entire word.

    ReplyDelete