Today, we went strawberry picking with one of our home school groups. It was actually the first time I've ever been strawberry picking with the kids. It was quite chilly today - about 55 degrees, but I like that better than the blazing sun.
The boys each got to pick a small carton of strawberries and we were allowed to eat them as we picked too. Wow! It was such a treat to eat fresh, juicy strawberries right off the vine - absolutely perfect without a single bruise or blemish. We went on a tractor-wagon ride (like a hay ride, but no hay; I like that better too) which may have been Simon's favorite part...(nice and bouncy). And we finished it all off with some delicious strawberry ice cream. I think Joseph's favorite part were the big grasshoppers we saw jumping around in the long grass before we were leaving. He asked if we could please go strawberry picking again. But just to look for grasshoppers and not pick any strawberries.
No comments:
Post a Comment