Monday, April 23, 2012

A Good Idea and a Great Idea

Tonight after prayers, Joseph was in a particularly good mood.  He said to me, "Mom, I have an idea!  After breakfast, lunch and dinner, let's say a Hail Mary!"
I smiled back at him and said, "Oh yes, that's a very good idea!  I love that!"  (Normally Joseph scoffs at the mention of extra prayers, so he must have been feeling especially jolly.)  
Then, not to be outdone by his older brother, Simon said, "Mommy, I have an idea!  After breakfast, lunch and dinner, let's say a Hail Mary  - and have a piece of chocolate!"  
"Oh my," I said, "that's a good idea too!"  
Then, as smugly as a three year old can, Simon said, "That's a great idea."

5 comments:

  1. Simon knows you too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. I love those kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Simon and I had a connection! Chocolate is always a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon cracks me up! That kid is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Simon's idea. I second that one.

    ReplyDelete