Sunday, February 26, 2012

Well, I have not been at the computer very much this week (yet still enough to waste some time, I suppose) since Rebecca has been visiting, we had Annie's baby shower and the usual hustle and bustle of family life.

I've just stayed up reading all the other personal blogs I follow, and even though it is way past my bedtime, I figured, "What's a few more minutes?" to try and do a quick update on my blog.

Rebecca has gone to Jacksonville with Rachel and Michael had to go into work tonight at 10pm, so I decided to get to some of the things I've been falling behind on computer-wise.  I read a lot of good recommendations for observing Lent and it has given me a lot more to consider and think about, not only to hopefully have a fruitful Lent, but also because I will be going on a silent Spiritual Exercises retreat the weekend after next. 

I have a lot of things coming down the pipe that will keep me busy for the next three or more weeks (and of course more after that, but I can only look ahead so far without my head exploding.) 

I have to prepare a meeting for a mothering group for which I am a facilitator; get ready (to attend) another baby shower, finish up some quick sewing projects, pack and prepare for going out of town on retreat (my stuff, stuff for Clara, provisions for the men at home); plan for additional cooking and baking to prepare for the feast of St. Joseph, be on the ready to go to Durham after Annie has her baby... and all the other things that I am supposed to be doing on a regular basis in the management of the home. 

We are planning to have a big yard sale in April with Rachel, Daniel, Angela and Melissa all bringing stuff too.  It's been good to go through things and figure out what I can/want to get rid of.  ...Our treadmill coat rack is one of them.  (Dave!)

It has been very fun having Rebecca visit and we're so glad she made the trip down here.  In case anyone was curious, cooking vegan food was actually pretty painless.  I did cook some things in advance and put them in the freezer just to avoid running out of pots or other issues while preparing meals. I was even able to adapt a few of our family favorite recipes, so I am glad I could share them with her.  I don't think I even bought anything special.  I had everything I needed already at the house.

Ok, well, sorry for the bland post.  I was just trying to get something up!  And I did not even finish it in one sitting like I had hoped since Clara woke up while I was writing last time, and then I went to bed.  I am actually often thanking God that she wakes up at night, because if she didn't, I might never go to bed!!

2 comments:

  1. So, Hutchie, I hate to ask, but...how well does Clara sleep these days? Leo is still waking every 2-3 hours to nurse! I remember reading your post a while ago about how Clara seems to be good about going to sleep on her own and I was so very jealous... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, do not be jealous! Clara too, is waking up every couple of hours to nurse. And it seems I am not the only one disturbed by this sleep cycle since she took a 3 hour nap today! (for the first time in several months, mind you. I am not expecting a repeat of that.) But I did not get a three hour nap today, unfortunately! She did have a stretch as a pretty young babe that she would sometimes fall asleep by herself if I put her down when she was sleepy, but now, I always nurse her to sleep for naps and then many times a night as well.

      Delete