Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Sound of Music

I have recently introduced the children to the music and movie of "The Sound of Music."  I've always loved this musical and now my kids do too!  I started playing the soundtrack in the car because I enjoy it so much, and it wasn't long before they were asking me to play it more.  I then let Simon watch the movie a few weeks ago when he was home sick (I think that was over Christmas) and I let the boys watch it together a couple of weeks ago, parcelled out over about three days. 



Here are the boys all snuggled up together as they watch "The Sound of Music"



Well now they are singing excerpts from almost all of the songs every day.  I think their favorite is "Do Re Mi" and the other day they were singing and running back and forth across my bedroom: "When you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything!  Togetheh!" - (repeat 87 times) even imitating Julie Andrews' accent.   And in fact they have repeated that game quite a few times since then.

Joseph was even very interested to have me read every page of the "Sound of Music Scrapbook" that came in the 45th anniversay package - a rather dry read for a five year old (or even a 32-year old) about the history of the production, development, and filming of the movie.

Unfortunately, Michael is not a fan of musicals - so this new found love of the "Sound of Music" is much to his chagrin - but he is being good about keeping his opinion under wraps (most of the time.)

Clara has cut her two upper front teeth, has started pulling up regularly but is not cruising quite yet.  She also loves to babble and talk.  I think she is saying "dada" as well as many other "d" words, and I swear that she has even said "Do, a deer" a few times!





3 comments:

  1. Those snuggling pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could hear them singing those songs. I love that movie, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with their cousins one day. Clara barefoot is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Sound of Music! The children all look so cute!

    ReplyDelete