Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feeding the Ducks

Last week we read "The Story About Ping" together and I told the boys that we could go to a place near our house where lots of ducks hang out to go feed them.   So we had a very busy morning today - first to Mass, then to get Joseph's hair cut, then to feed the ducks (and geese and turtles and fish) and then I decided to even buy us lunch while we were out since I knew we were all hungry by that time, especially me, and mommy's hunger is usually the determining factor in a decision to eat out!  I even put my stinginess aside and bought rice cakes just for feeding to ducks! -since that is what happens in the story.  (We ate some too since it was snack time and Joseph was curious to try them since he'd never had them before.)  I actually remembered to bring my camera along with us when I left the house this morning, but forgot to take any pictures while we were out! 

Then as soon as we got home it was time to start the get-Simon-to-take-a-nap motions, while juggling a little Clara who oscillated between happy and sad since she just took a couple of cat naps while we were out and needed a couple of diaper changes and I was pretty sure wanted to sleep but wasn't falling asleep and Simon who I KNEW needed to sleep and REALLY didn't want to sleep and wouldn't stay in his bed and wait for me to come back while I tended to the baby and then she finally fell asleep while Simon had gotten out of bed again but at last I was free to lay down with Simon until he fell asleep and I wantedto fall asleep and he took a really long time and then I came downstairs even more tired than before and as many words are in this sentence is approximately how many words are in any given sentence by Joseph that involves asking me some convulted question related to Star Wars until I finally had to urge him to please be quiet and stop-asking-me-about-Star-Wars so I could take seven minutes to write this post and make a cup of tea before I pass out for the rest of the afternoon and any memory of this morning is lost in the oblivion of my mind.

My tea is ready.  I hear the baby stirring through the monitor.  Joseph has been pretty good about not asking me too many questions for the past seven minutes, and it seems his timer has gone off so I must sign off.  I still have quite a list of things to do this afternoon which is more than half gone!!  (Thank goodness it is chili night! which comes right out of the freezer so I don't have to spend any time preparing it.)

1 comment:

  1. What a day, Sarah! You have a lot to juggle! It's wonderful and exhausting at the same time. I'm so glad that the boys like Ping. We love that story here, too. Jonathan's favorite Cold Play song is the one where Chris Martin sings: La la la la la la lei. It reminds him of that story. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete