A reference to one of my favorite movies and the perfect way to introduce our next blessing: a girl!!
At least we can say, there was no evidence to the contrary. :)
Yesterday we had the ultrasound. Everything they look for is healthy and normal. It was very exciting to see images of the beautiful little life growing inside me. The ultrasound also confirmed that I have an anterior placenta, which probably won't be any issue, but explains why I have felt this baby's movements to a lesser degree and a bit later than with my other pregnancies. It is probably also the reason it was a little more challenging to find the heartbeat for the first time at around 10 weeks.
When we told Joseph, he was absolutely THRILLED! He had said long ago that he wanted a sister and when we told him that's what he was getting, his face just lit up with a huge smile and he could hardly find any words to say. He came to give me a big embrace. He was exclaiming, "That's what I really wanted! I wanted a sister!" And he wanted to kiss the baby (which he likes to do from time to time) and then give the baby a hug. He asked if I would sit with him on the couch so he could revel in the news with me. He also asked, "Why am I going to have a sister?" And I told him, "That is what God chose for our family. God is good!" to which Joseph replied, "Yes He is!"
Yes he is. Puppy down, baby next! The Virginia Hoffman's need to get on that God is good band wagon.
ReplyDeleteI was sick, Monica was sick, and now I have bronchitis. Our being sick in alternating schedules hasn't helped any of our household chores or other projects.
We will be posting pictures of our little indoor poop and pee machine when we get the chance.
This is wonderful news! I'm so happy you are having a girl! I love Joseph's response to the news. He and Simon will both take good care of her. Sending a hug your way.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What fun! Oh, you will just love dressing a little girl, it's so much more fun!
ReplyDeleteNext stop: Little Sister. My Neighbor Totoro - sadly this is a giant cat bus, the appearance of which would have killed our father by inducing a sneezing fit that would turn him inside out.
ReplyDelete