Simon has just turned 11 months. He is not yet walking, but will take a step or two from time to time and Michael said he even saw him take three steps in a row very recently! He easily stands on his own and will often examine whatever object he has while standing. He also cruises quite easily with just one hand on the furniture (or mommy.) His favorite sound is "duh" or "dah" but enjoys babbling in a wide range of sounds. I believe he makes an effort to repeat some words he hears too. He also loves to laugh and be in on the jokes. He loves all sorts of flavors of food. Most recently I fed him garlic soup and the sauce part of chili. He also likes hummus, sweet potatoes, bananas, bread, blueberries (just freeze dried ones so far), tukey soup, carrot soup (seasoned with curry and ginger and lemon), and just about anything else I give him unless it is vitamins! He also enjoys paper and leaves.
Simon's favorite activities include emptying drawers and watching things drop to the floor.
He makes the sign for milk but not any of the other signs I have introduced (eat, potty, all done, more.)
He loves playing with Joseph and climb all over him much the way Joseph does to Simon if given the chance!
Sweet baby!
ReplyDelete