Friday, September 12, 2008

The Negotiator

Normally I try not to let Joseph watch TV during the day. However, once in a while I will use it to distract him while I do a chore or sometimes when I am feeling particularly tired. Anyways, the other day, I turned on the TV to EWTN and left it on that station. Of course Joseph generally prefers children's progamming, but if he gets to watch TV at all, he'll take what he can get.

The following morning when we came down stairs, the first thing he did was point at the TV, "This? This?" he said with a sweet smile on his face. I said, "No Joseph, no TV today." He then followed by giving me some puppy dog eyes and folding his hands as if in prayer... which was his way of saying, "How about some EWTN, mom? Can't I even watch that?"

It was a nice try. But I still didn't let him watch any TV. Not even EWTN.

No comments:

Post a Comment