Well, last week one of our local grocery stores had a triple coupon event. These are the big money savers (and sometimes money makers!). However, it was not the most successful triples event I've ever had. I made four trips (b/c you can only use 20 coupons per transaction) and ended up saving 66%. I did buy some things that were not on sale/did not have a coupon because they were on my regular grocery list. Although, I do have to brag on one of my personal best deals during triples was getting 5 loaves of organic bread that normally cost almost $4 for $0.25 each! I also got French's mustard for $0.09/bottle and free bottles of Frank's Red hot and some other free and more-than-free items. I actually have two full bags which I plan on donating to a food pantry.
Here is an indication of how hard core I've gotten about couponing. I keep them organized by category in a three ring binder with baseball card pages!
The Charlotte Observer actually had a feature on two "coupon divas" who taught me most of what I know. They both got over $300 in groceries for less than $5 during the last triples event.
Article here:http://www.charlotte.com/439/story/562425.html
Me, too, Sarah! Me, too! I am in dire need of a better organizer for my coupons because my little pouch is now bursting at the seams. I used to clip only the coupons for things I purchased regularly, but now I clip a whole lot more so I can get cheap or free products to donate. I made two trips to HT last week ~ my savings were probably around 66%, too.
ReplyDeleteAre you a CVSer, too? Moneysavingmom.com is an awesome resource!