School for the boys has been going pretty well. They have adjusted. They like it about as much as any typical kid likes school (i.e. they don't hate it, but they don't love it... mostly because they have homework.) They are enrolled for next year. Still taking it one year at a time.
I got involved with the Catholic Schoolhouse co-op again this year that I did a few years ago with Joseph and Simon. Now Clara and Samuel are having their go at it. This year it is at our parish, St. Vincent's, which is nice.
I spend a lot of time driving since I have to take the boys to school and pick them up. It's about 1.5 hours per day for the two round trips.
Sam and Clara are taking French this year.
I have a dream to study abroad with all the kids in France in about 2 and a half years. They would go to school in France for about 3 months, and hopefully learn to speak French! So I am starting to plan and save!
Clara will be receiving her First Holy Communion on May 5.
Michael hates his job.
Joseph just crossed over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.
Joseph, Simon, Clara, and Sam are all taking a spring session of golf lessons with The First Tee. I am really liking the organization since they emphasize core values of golf and spend a significant portion of the class teaching them to the kids. E.g. Responsibility, Honesty, Respect, Courtesy....
Lucy thinks she is a lot older than she is. She's very independent about helping herself to whatever she wants and has demonstrated many skills that I don't recall the kids having at her age (like peeling oranges and eggs and dressing herself. Yesterday she was shepherding around some other little kids her age and older like she was in charge.
That's all I can think of for now. I'm off to make lunch and dye Easter eggs with the kids.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment