Well, I appear to have a few minutes all by myself in front of my comptuer, so here's a quick update!
This morning, after about a month of 70 degree weather in February and early March, it snowed! I think a couple of inches accumulated and I thought it everything looked beautiful as I was driving to church. I especially enjoyed the snow-covered pink and purple blossoms on the trees, which is a juxtaposition one does not often see! Now, just a few hours later, it is bright and sunny, the snow is melted and it would probably be a nice day for a walk or a bike ride. That's southern living for ya!
All the kids are sick for the second week in a row. We've had a couple of viruses go through the house and I am praying that everyone is well in time for Samuel's birthday which is in just one week and we are planning to have his godparents-and-family over for a festive dinner in honor of his birthday and the Feast of St. Joseph.
Lucy has been the last one to get the "fever virus." (There aren't too many other symptoms besides fever and the malaise that goes along with that.) However, she also fell off the kitchen bench on Friday an nearly cut all the way through her bottom lip. There is a reddish purple mark on the skin below her lip which is from the gash on the INSIDE of her lip. It looks awful and the poor thing keeps holding a snack in her hand, but won't actually eat it. :(
I'm trying to organize the Charlotte Hoffmans for a family get-together/potluck at least three times a year so that we don't take for granted the fact that we should theoretically be able to see each other once in a while. You know, get all the aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, in-laws etc. to spend some time together. It was Rachel's idea, actually, but I'm trying to execute it. We have yet to set the date for our first "official-regular" potluck. I'm hoping for sometime in April!
Annie and Family came to visit a couple of weeks ago and we really enjoyed seeing them. It's so nice of them to make the drive down and we love having our relatives come to visit. Hopefully I'll get to go to Durham one of these months with Simon, who is the only one of my kids who hasn't been yet. I haven't seen Annie's new house either, so I look forward to that!
Can't think of anything else very newsworthy at the moment.
Hope you all are doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment