Saturday, June 1, 2013

Joseph's New Room

I guess it's been almost two weeks now since Joseph moved to his own room.  Michael had been slowly working at getting our fourth bedroom switched over from the unfinished, cluttered "sewing room" to Joseph's and the future Boys' Bedroom.

The transition has been very easy!  Joseph was immediately happy to be in his own room.  Simon did lament a bit about the fact that he wanted to be in Joseph's room too - because it was so clean.

And now Clara has moved in with Simon and that has gone really well too.  She didn't go into that room right away because there had been some illnesses and I wanted to make sure that was passed and change all the sheets first.  She's been sleeping in her "new" room with Simon for about a week and has been sleeping through the night!!  Her transition from our bed, to a bed on the floor in our room, to now being out of our room had a few ups and downs, but overall progressed pretty well, I think.  Poor thing, she got outed right after Samuel was born.  She would still climb into our bed after a few hours, and we kept her away from Samuel, but then she got a stomach bug at Easter and when she tried to get into our bed we emphatically said "no!"  Once she had been trained not to come into our bed, she would still get out of her bed and try to get closer to us. We found her in strange places several times: on the little bench at the foot of the bed, under the bed, on the floor between the wall and Michael's side of the bed (a space only about 2 feet wide as it is.)  Then when she finally stopped wandering all over the room, she would typically roll out of her bed and be sleeping on the floor next to it.  However, The Floor Next To Her Bed was right in front of the bedroom door!  More than once when I came up to bed a couple of hours after her I opened the door and bumped into her, at least once in her face!  (but she did not even wake up, so I did not bump her too hard thankfully!)  And now she's sharing a bed with Simon and doing great!  (She still wants Mommy right when it's time to go to sleep, but I am usually occupied with Samuel.)

1 comment:

  1. That transition to one's own bed and room sounds so much like what we have gone through over here! We're a couple months into it with our #3 as well and still working out the kinks.

    ReplyDelete