I have started a 90 day exercise program called "Thrive90" by FitMarriage. I learned about it via my favorite blog, Kitchen Stewardship. I attended a webinar that was addressing how do busy moms fit exercise into their lives? They had some good nuggets of wisdom and advice. The webinar was ultimately to promote their fitness program and they offered a big discount to those who participated. Normally I feel obliged to hem and haw, research and get references and all sorts of hooplah like that, but this time I decided to just go for it. Michael and I have talked about exercising more, namely using our treadmill which served as a lovely coat rack throughout the winter. I thought it's time to stop procrastinating, and maybe it was providential that I was watching the webinar. The kicker is that they offered something special to the first 10 buyers that evening: if they would like to take before and after photos and send in their testimonial at the end, they could get the exercise program for free! I did qualify for that and once I told Michael he said, "Now I know you'll do it!"
The fitness program consists of videos that I downloaded to my computer and will follow for 12 weeks. The 12 weeks are divided into three phases, each with increasing intensity. They provide a table to track your progress throughout the program (e.g. how many sit ups, push ups, how many seconds you can hold a static plank position, in addition to weight and body measurements, heart rate, etc.) All the videos are 30 minutes or less. Most are less than 20 minutes. Tonight's HIIT (High Intesity Interval Training) was under 15 minutes. Furthermore, it requires little or no equipment. It was designed with busy moms and dads in mind and for spouses to do the exercises together, if they so choose. (Michael, however, declined the invitation as he does not like following someone on a video.)
Here's to health!
How's this going?
ReplyDeleteI've gotten slightly off track the past couple weeks... I was sick a few days, then got lazy for a few days. I DID do three days of exercising at the beach, but missed my last two. I'm going to get back on the wagon!
ReplyDelete