Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Times

I got some pretty good pictures to capture some of the charming moments of the day:


Joseph wearing sunglasses while reading The Imitation of Christ. (Michael says, "The light of Christ is so bright, he has to wear shades.") BTW, even though I never told Joseph anything about that book, nor has he seen me read it, he knows that it is a book about God and for praying.


Joseph sitting on the potty reading a book. Not going potty, just sitting on it. Because that's a good place to read. (If you look closely, you can see that he is fully clothed.)


This is Joseph trying to nurse Simon. He's lifting his shirt up. (Sometimes he also sticks the side of his palm in Simon's mouth, as he has seen Michael do to give him something to suck on and pacify him.)


I remember when Joseph was at the crawling/cruising/walking stage and always getting into my desk drawers, vanity drawers, etc, and I told Michael I wanted to have all wall-mounted storage so that babies couldn't get into it. Now my baby has grown into a youngin' who can just move furniture to climb up and get whatever he wants.


This is Joseph giving The Imitation of Christ to Simon. He's trying to get him to hold it. Then in the second picture, he is exclaiming, "Holnin'!" He also told Simon to read and turn the pages.


Brotherly love...



This is Joseph doing "Christ-mas" to Simon, as the neighbor mom does in Better Off Dead. (Michael did it to Joseph a long time ago first.) Sorry it is a bit blurry.




Simon. 6 weeks old.
Who does he look like?

About once a day Simon and I have a nice little conversation with coos and gahs and big smiles. I look forward to being able to capture those smiles on camera some day soon!

Joseph has caught on to saying "Sorry" when someone accidentally gets hurt. Although he uses the expression quite liberally. If he stumbles, he says, "sorry, sorry!" If someone else hurts themselves, "Sorry!" If a toy falls off the table: "Sorry!"

6 comments:

  1. Does the last caption imply the Derrick Zoolander reference? I don't know who else he looks like, he has a very distinctive face but I can't place it. The hairdo is all can focus on, but he does resemble Christopher Walken.

    See: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comiccon/images/2007/07/28/walken.jpg .

    Joseph is getting himself into plenty of trouble, he seems to be living out a Curious George story (Michael is tall like the man in the yellow hat).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.
    I'm really wondering if he looks like me or Michael, or both. Yesterday a friend of mine said he looks like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon looks like a whole new person!!!!!!

    Joseph looks so much older when he wears jeans - like he's 6 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I think you should go through old Hoffman baby pictures. I'm sure you'll see some resemblance to other Hoffman babies. He looks like most of us when we were tots. It looks like Joseph got all the Wood genes and Simon got all the Hoffman ones. I have twin girls for students this year and they look less alike than your two kids. One is a red-head with freckles, the other is pale with dark hair. Their faces are very different too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Joseph looks older in that picture of him on the bench too. It reminds me of Jonathan, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so much fun to read your commentary about your two kids who are almost exactly the same age as mine. We are going through all those same cute things as you! (Like, John says "sorry!" all the time.)

    ReplyDelete